Caring For Your Counter-Top
Congratulations on your new counter-top. Granite and marble are stone products quarried from the ground. Quartz counter-tops are man-made, created in a factory. Each material has unique characteristics and some basic needs with regards to care and maintenance. In addition, knowledge about your counter-top will help allow for years of enjoyment.
- Blot the spill with a paper towel immediately. Do NOT wipe the area, it will spread the spill.
- Flush the area with water and mild soap and rinse several times.
- Do NOT use acidic cleaners, including cleaners with citrus or vinegar.
- Do NOT use abrasive bathroom cleaners on your counter-top.
- Do NOT use ammonia or beach based cleaners on your counter-top.
Tough stains can be treated as well, however that can be more complicated. Depending on the type of stain, there are a number of treatments. Please call us to find out more about what you can do for really tough stains.
- Although granite and quartz are scratch resistant, you should NOT cut directly on it. In addition, you will dull your knives!
- Although granite and quartz are heat resistant, use hot pads. Heat will ruin the shine, and thermal shock can crack quartz.
- Granite and marble need to be sealed once a year, OR for about $20, we have a cleaner that seals too!
"Home to Long Islands Only Laser Lathe
- Perfection is possible!
Ask us how 631-736-5301"